description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 63...Jesus is here!


Dear Sadie,
Tonight you were jumping up and down when I found the story about the Resurrection on a VHS, way back behind all of our tapes.  We had been talking about Jesus and his death and resurrection, with the coming of this weekend’s celebrations, and so when we stumbled upon it, you were ecstatic. But you took it to another level that blew me away.  Maybe it was tiredness.  Maybe it was your three-ness.  But I happen to think it was more.  When I said we were going to watch it, and watch it right now, you started jumping up and down and said three times in a row, twice, “Jesus is here! Jesus is here!  Jesus is here!”  Your jubilant exclamations blew me away and lifted my spirit, even though it was not heavy, as I thought, Yes He IS!  I felt a cool breeze in my spirit.  No matter what the reason your childlike faith had for exclaiming these words, your mommy was blessed.  And I know you know, without the need for rhyme or reason, that Jesus is here.

We watched the video three times and I got to watch the story unfolding in your little heart as you took it in each time.

Love,
Mommy

“…to give His life as a ransom for many” Mark 10:45

No comments:

Post a Comment