description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 101...Life is full of boo boos

We were driving home the other night from the bookstore where you hurt yourself.  You'll remember from a few letters ago about how you tripped while running in your flip flops and went flying across the floor.  You were completely fine on the way home, but we were having a conversation about pain and injuries and what we affectionately like to call "boo boos."

I was explaining to you, "Life is full of boo boos, Sadie."

"Why?  I don't want it to be,"  you said.

"I know, Sweetie.  But that's the way it is.  God didn't want it to be like that originally, and there won't be any boo boos in heaven when we're with Him forever."

"Yeah, cause we don't need there to be hard stuff and sharp things," you said.

"No, that's right.  We don't like to get hurt.  But Jesus died so that all of our boo boos would all go away.  He died and rose again so that we would have no boo boos anymore, on our bodies, or on our hearts."

Thinking, you said, "But our hearts don't get boo boos."

"Well, they do.  If you think about it, when your feelings are hurt, that's what it means to get a boo boo on your heart.  So He died on the cross to take away all the bad stuff for us.  Isn't that great?"

"Uh huh."  And then you went on to say something about Jesus getting a big boo boo on the cross, and I can't remember what else was said, but we talked for awhile.

These conversations are always so meaningful to me.  It builds my faith up as much as I know it builds yours.

I pray the Lord is sowing truth in you, even if I screw it up sometimes.  I pray He uses me to impart Godly wisdom and understanding and revelation to you. And, I have to pray, no more boo boos for my Sadie!!! :)

Dear Sadie.

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, our glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better."  Ephesians 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment