description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 164...Curious George

For your birthday party, there were a few privileges that made quite an impression on you, the "birthday girl."  (Your brother was too young to even know the difference)  If you thought it was having cake or snow cones, yes, maybe.  But...the next day, it became apparent to me that you were aware of the "birthday girl" rights, and thought you'd continue those as long as possible.  What I mean is, you were first in line at the obstacle course, first to eat cake, you chose the pink balloon and didn't want anyone else to have the pink one cause you were the birthday girl.  I am sure I'm the one to get you started on this concept, I'll admit it!

So the next day we're popping in your new Curious George DVD, and the birthday girl phenomenon comes back to bite me.  I say, "Okay, so you can watch one, maybe two of the episodes on here.  There are six."  But to that you reply, "Okay, maybe all of them." (smiling at me)  "I can watch all of them because I'm the birthday girl!"  I say, "Um, not anymore?  The party is over."  To which you reply, "Nope, the signs are still up!"  We just both laughed together at your wit and humor.  "I better get those down soon!"  As we laughed at how clever you are, I realized I just gave in to your thinking.  No harm done, just a little extended birthday fun.  In the end, you grew tired of watching t.v. after one or two episodes, so Mommy still knows best. :)

Dear Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment