description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 229...moments of courage and beautiful surrender

Hey there.  It's the end of the day and I really should be getting to bed.  But it was a hard day. Had some of those lately.  Hard but good.  I lost control of my emotions on several accounts.  Not pretty.  Could have been worse.  But still.  And I'm seeing now how God is using these moments to shape me into the woman He wants me to be.  It's in those moments where my patience is running thing (and pms taking over) that I see how human I am being, and how much more God longs to purge out my humanness as I press into His superhumanness.  That's where it's at.  That's where life is.  That's where the miracles happen.  I stopped and gave thanks in the middle of a tiresome day, kids crying, kids not napping, kids not being their normally wonderful selves for their tired mommy.  And I thanked Him.  I thanked Him for all the goodness that surrounded me.  And it gave me breath and life for more moments to come, tough or simple.  Significant or not.  He always gives me grace in my need.  I love Him so much!

Dear Sadie.

"my power is made perfect in weakness"  2 cor. 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment