description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 231...cuddle bug

Cuddling in the bed on a late Saturday morning. Squished between me and daddy. Hard to find where one person starts and another ends. Such a good place.
"This is soooo much fun," you said.
I'm just enjoying these moments right now when you think daddy and I are the coolest, and you actually want to be close and together with us always.
Does it have to end?
Will you have to go through those teenage years?
Is there a button we can push to bypass and remain best buds?!
I know they (as in all parents) wish this were so. We want things to stay the way they are. Close, snugly, innocent and light-hearted.
For now all I can do is enjoy the present, hold you tight, and pray for grace always no matter what phase we must walk through together.

Dear Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment