description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 233...cling tight

Yesterday I was a pill.  Today it was like I took a pill and everything turned around.
I don't really know what the answer was...maybe it was the personal bath and book time last night, maybe it was the rebuking of myself while in the bath with the book and saying Forgive me, Lord, for letting the weakness do me in.
Whatever it was, today was different.
Yesterday it was "what?!  another case of the flu?! no!!!!", and the taking care of others constantly, and the constant reminder of never getting a moment to myself, and the Jason, Honey, I need you...can you come home now, please?!
Then there was today.   A new day.
Today was sunshine on a rainy, gloomy day.
Maybe it was worshiping my Jesus with my church family. Glorious Presence!
Or maybe it was the melancholy of my babies while helping good friends register for their new little treasure to come.
Or maybe it was the drive with the soundtrack of "Awake My Soul" between places.
Whatever it was, it was grace.
You'll have days of both kinds, Sadie.  Just go with it, and cling to the Lord tight.  He will lift you above the clouds every time if you seek Him. His grace will blow your mind.

Dear Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment