description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 240...My Daddy's Eyes

I was just thinking today how incredible it would be to always be looking through my God's eyes...having His lenses on all of the time.  This way, whatever I am looking at, I will seeing what He sees.

I would see the beauty of Creation and be in awe.

I would see circumstances as opportunities for breakthrough encounters with heaven.

I would see people as lost, and found, and know how to mix wisdom and compassion with each.

I would not be shaken or moved  by the impossible or the nauseating, because what I would see would divide foolishness from wisdom, temporary from eternal, beautiful from ugly.

Last night going up the stairs, you had just said good-night to Daddy, and you said to me so sweetly as we were climbing our way to beds...

"I have Daddy's eyes."

"Oh, yeah?  What made you think of that."

And you said, "I'm just sayin' it."

Like a child does, you say things outwardly that you are feeling on the inside.
At that moment, you felt so much pride to share eyes with your Daddy.
You looked into his eyes while saying good-night, and you saw love.  You probably saw his beautiful eyes, too, and remembered what someone said about you one time, that you do indeed have Daddy's eyes.  His big, beautiful eyes.

In the same way, let us be enamored and proud of our Daddy's eyes.  And let us, as we gaze upon His beauty, see life through His lenses.

One day we will see fully, Corinthians tells us.  For now, we only see but a dim vision of how things will be one day.  Still I pray that we spend enough time gazing on Him, and looking to His Word, that we can't help but look at things with wisdom, strength, and understanding. Even more, that others could look into our eyes and see the Father.  What beauty that would be!

Every day.  To see the world as You see it, Father.

Dear Sadie.






No comments:

Post a Comment