description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 224...back burner

As I sit down and reflect on what to write today, I'm struck by the fact that I do so much reflection throughout the day, yet I sit down at the end of the day blank.  It is funny cause most of my day I reflect and pray, but it's survival mode I live in, hour-by hour.  I wish I had a more forward-thinking goal than, "just get me through dinnertime."

On the back-burner is orphans and widows in a faraway land.  That children's book I've been dreaming about.  On today's burner is a pot of mac and cheese with a side of prayer, playing, cleaning, hugs and kisses.

Dear Sadie.

"Lord, You have assigned my my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure."  Psalm 16:5

No comments:

Post a Comment