description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 94...retreat

Dear Sadie,
One of the biggest challenges I've had with staying in tune with God, while at the same time devoting so much of myself to being a wife and a mother while not losing myself in the process, is finding that time of escape in my day to be alone with Him.  So tonight, I'm going to say this as briefly as I can, so that I can get to bed at a decent time.  I desperately need more time to retreat and pray.  Tomorrow I am going to set my alarm to go into my closet and be with Jesus for a set amount of time.  I hope to come out glowing!  I just want to tell Him that it is possible for me to follow through, I know it is.  And I am sorry for not making our fellowship more intentional and separate from the whispered prayers and songs throughout my day.  I don't have to let so many other things pull me in different directions.  I'm setting a goal, and that is that tomorrow I will go into my closet to be with the Lord, before anyone gets out of bed.  Hopefully I will not fall asleep in there.  I do not want to make a ritual I can't keep.  I just want a date.  Since I don't have a mountainside, the closet will have to do.  Or maybe the swinging bench on my upstairs porch.  Either way.  What's important is, He will be there with me.  I am excited.  I am learning, Sadie.  I am learning.
Love,
Mommy

"But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed." Luke 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment