Dear Sadie,

My poor baby girl. While you love holding your children when they're sick, you sure do hate to see them suffer. You fought me today on letting you play outside with Titus, but moms know best and have to make you rest at times. Today you were so mad you spun around and yelled, 'You do that again and you're going to get...a...POP!" Whoa. I remained calm. Of course I let you know this wasn't acceptable, but it's pretty easy to show you're not threatened by a three year-old frustrated and tired by strep throat, a fever, and sore feet from inflamed rashes. Besides all that, you might be stubborn and have a mouth on you at times, but I still love you. Like the other day, I can't remember what it was I had to keep you from at the moment, but you were mad and expressed it, "You are NOT the best mommy in the world....You just
bother my fun!"
I'm glad you spring back like a rubber band though. Those emotions come quickly, but they leave just as quickly too, and I'm so thankful for that! We have a lot of opportunities for grace and forgiveness in our house! :)
You're learning and you're testing, and I like that about my spunky girl. All us daughters do it as some point with our mothers. It's just part of life. If you have a daughter someday, I'm sure she'll test you the same. Just try not to laugh when she does.
Jesus' health to you, baby girl.
Love,
Mommy
5.7.12
No comments:
Post a Comment