Dear Sadie,
My Grandma June, (your great grandma) had a plaque up on her wall that said, "A CLEAN HOUSE IS A SIGN OF A MISSPENT LIFE"
I'd like that plaque on my wall today, please!
Right now everyone but me has been fast asleep for a couple of hours. We have about a hundred small toys spilled all over the living room floor, clean clothes in a heap, and pillows spread out all over the place from you kids. Basically you can hardly walk in the living room. The bottom of the stairs is filled with stuff to be put away. The dining room table has a basket of cleaning supplies that have been sitting there since I cleaned out the bathroom cabinet upstairs five days ago, plus other random items. The kitchen sink is overflowing with dirty dishes. The washer has clean wet clothes in it. Need I go on?
I guess we are spending our lives well! I have been on a mini-vacation with you kids this week....going, going, going. Every night a different event. It's been great fun for me having such variety! I have tried not to think about the mess I had to come home to. When we came home tonight, my cleaning plans were interrupted by your sudden fever and belly ache, poor girl. Now that you're slightly better and sleeping like the rest of the family, I sit at my computer writing you, looking up at the sea of chaos before me. And you know what? I'm not even threatened by it. This is life! Tomorrow is another day! Right now, I enjoy.
Mom, can I have the plaque now??
Love,
Mommy
5.6
No comments:
Post a Comment