Dear Sadie,
Titus displayed such a pitiful pity party today, and all over popcorn! I couldn't believe it. He just lied down on the floor and sort of rolled around, fake wailing and whimpering and whining. Popcorn! I explained to him calmly over and over that we just didn't have any, and that we would have to wait to get some more. He could not take it! It wasn't even that he was tired! "Ga goan!" He was disappointed, and I guess he had to let me know! Well did he ever. For ten minutes he cried into the carpet (except he wasn't actually crying). Finally, he could tell that I was telling truth and that all of his display was getting nowhere.
Tonight I was reminded of this hilarious scene when I listened to a talk about Yahweh. He is Jehovah, God Who Saves. I Am. Such powerful truth, knowing that our Dad rules. So much support in the knowledge that our Father literally has us in the palm of our hands...has never been created but has always existed, and has the means to provide for us and save us at all times. Why would we ever doubt His goodness?
Titus finally got the picture that through all of his whining and complaining, I really cared. I listened to him, and acknowledged his popcorn pain, but it took him a while to return from his emotional crisis. I think we're the same way with God. Only after throwing a tantrum sometimes do we stop and listen to God, giving Him a chance to explain. If only we'd skip the thunderous part and go to the quiet listening and contemplation. Maybe we'd find revelation a whole lot sooner if we did!
I think Titus now knows I wasn't holding out on him, that I really did care. I did think it was funny how he was rolling on the rug. He is learning that he can express himself to me without me getting angry all of the time. With calm patience, I reassured him I knew what he wanted, but that the timing of his request was just off. I need to remember this next time I ask for something from my Daddy.
Love,
Mommy
"Rest in the LORD (Yahweh) and wait patiently for Him" (Psalm 37:7)
No comments:
Post a Comment