Seeing old friends over my vacation really took me back. They know a part of me, someone I once was, that only they and a few others will ever know. They know my adolescent years where I was silly and goofy, emotional and dramatic, active and energetic, and when "friends were friends forever."
There's something about13-15 that is like no other time in your life. I think it's the rawest time in your life, when you're old enough to know better, and young enough not to care.
We did some crazy things together. Some things I will love to tell you about someday, some things I may never tell you. These were the days of crushing on boys and riding our bikes. Trips to the malls and trips to the beach. Sleepovers and endless chats on phones. We were kids and not yet adults. We were the bearers of each others souls.
Now we are adults and barely know each other in our grown states, but our memories are forever locked away in each other's hearts---the changing years where we were daring and doting.
Make the best of these years, they are unique and fleeting. Choose your friends well, and let them choose you.
Dear Sadie.
No comments:
Post a Comment