They say "never have any regrets." That's crazy. I have regrets all of the time. I don't know what they mean, those people who say that. Do they mean, be proud of everything you do, even your mistakes? That's absurd! Mistakes can be okay, sure. But never regret anything? To me, a regret is something you wish you could have done differently. It's true we get just one life to live before entering eternity. It's true we should not live stuck in the past. It's true we should not let our mistakes overwhelm us. But honestly, you're not being honest with yourself if you can't admit from time to time, I wish I had done that differently. That's perfectly okay, and dare I say, normal. I'm not going to make a list of regrets here and now for you. I just wanted you to know, you can list them, and you gotta move on. Let the Lord lead you; you'll never regret that.
Dear Sadie.
No comments:
Post a Comment