I love the four year-old stage, although I've loved all the other stages as well.
Four year-olds love to question things. And I get to be there for all of your questions that, in your mind, are truly pressing.
What does brown and white make?
When I get older, am I going to have a different daddy?
Why do we really need grass?
I have questions too. For most people, the older we get, the more we think we have the answers, and the less searching we do. For me, I don't want to lose the childlike sense of wonder that I had when I was little. When I was four, I'm sure I asked about things like you, "Did we ever have tails?" Now that I'm older, I realize how much I need to seek after God, never satisfied with my knowledge or experience with Him, hungering for Him, knowing that there is more to grab hold of. Keep asking. Keep seeking. It will keep you young, humble and innocent for a lot of days.
Dear Sadie.
"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." James 1:5
No comments:
Post a Comment