description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 167...little reminders

Sometimes when things are going terribly wrong, we often find a way of comforting and/or distracting ourselves.  Pondering this today, I thought of how comforting and distracting it is to watch you guys, my precious children, playing and enjoying life without a care in the world.  You don't know about the struggles that Daddy and I face.  You only know that you are loved, safe, and life is good!  Then I thought, Now wait a minute.  I don't want my kids to serve my  flesh in this way. But then I also thought, If I were using my kids as a means of escaping the pressures of life, that would be no good.  For me though, God uses your faces, your lives, as reminders to me constantly, of His goodness of Heart, His faithfulness to me, and my role as His child.
To stay like a child.  To trust.  To not labor in vain.  To not worry or stress.  To take each moment as it comes, taking no thought for tomorrow.  I love it!  I have built-in reminders.  I really do believe this is one of God's ways of keeping us centered, one of the many ways He uses His creation to refocus and recenter our perspective back onto Him and His plan.  Does this happen all of the time?  Absolutely not. Today, I was just listening, and this is what I heard.

Dear Sadie.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible qualities--His eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Romans 1:20

No comments:

Post a Comment