description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 152...Thrive Not Survive

I came to the realization the other day, that it's not just me, and it's not just your daddy, that is the one in a difficult place, a not-so-appealing-to-us place.  Both of us are in what they call "hard times."  And it's not that I'm not loving being a mother.  And it's not that he doesn't love being a manager.  But for me, if I could just be a mom (as if there were such a thing!), then I would.  Taking care of a "third" child several times a week has not been easy on me.  It sounds like such a minor thing, but it has truly tested me.  And I have to say, I fail on a daily basis.  And your daddy, well he's just hanging in there by the skin of his teeth.  He doesn't like where he's at in his job, and there seems to be no where to go at the moment.  Talk about feeling stuck.  When times like these hit, expect them to really put a strain on your marriage.  Your daddy and I aren't well-trained in putting God at the center of us yet, sad to say.  But I know He is there somewhere, and helping us along the way.  If we were to pray more together, spend time with Him together, I know we'd be out of survival mode for sure.  I hate survival mode (you reminded me today that "hate" is such a bad word--so I should say "dislike" as I did with you earlier).  No one should ever survive, they should thrive, when the Lord is the Lord of them.

Dear Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment