description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 148...my mean day

The other day I was so, so tired.  I was "working" that day (watching baby Emma), and your daddy was off with us, having a day at the pool together.  I didn't have great sleep the night before (and I should head to bed now that I'm thinking of it!), so I was extremely tired all day.  When I get like that, the whole world seems to cave in on me.  I just felt like being mean. I knew it was wrong, so rather than keep saying or doing mean things, I just had to turn everything off.  I tried not to speak.  Tried not to make any eye contact or connect with anyone too much at all.  I felt this was the best damage control I could do.  Later when I was talking to your daddy about it, realizing some stress besides lack of sleep was causing my intense emotions, I just cried in his arms.  We both are missing each other, on top of many other heavy things we are "dealing" with, and it felt could to just cry about it.  But for sure, sleep is so very important.  I'm learning this more and more as I get older, and hope you learn soon as well (my little party animal girl who loves to stay up).

Dear Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment