description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 107...Clueless

If there were just one lesson I could tell you that I have learned throughout the past three years of "staying home," it's the art of keeping my hands open to God.

Plan and schedule?  Make them, and then be willing to scratch it all out at a moment's notice.

Worry about the future?  Never fruitful.

I've labored a lot in this area.  I've messed up many times, but I kept coming out on the other end going, "I should have listened to You, God."

There is peace provision when life presents you with circumstances that are unclear, future unknown, next step uncertain, and yet you fully trust His capable Fathering.  You just tend to go, "Okay, let's roll." (to God) And when it doesn't work out the way you thought it might or had hoped, you say, "Thanks for keeping me from that Lord I don't know why you did, at the moment, but I'm glad I've got You!  Now, what next?"
And you wait.  And sometimes you wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.  And nothing happens.  Waiting can make you anxious and make you do things you regret.  But if you'll completely surrender to God and entrust your life to Him in the waiting, He'll take you on an adventure.  This doesn't mean there's a lack of doing, as if waiting means you're going La la la while being a bum at home.  You do have to be okay with the "not knowing" though.  That's the hardest part.  So what's the best part?  You have a Adventure Guide that's Outta This World!  He's trustworthy and true.  If you ask Him, He will give you what you need, when you need it, and even what you want, when you least expect it.  Trusting His faithfulness is the key to killing depression, anxiety, fear, and worry in your life.  You've got a Guide that will lead you into all truth. ) John 16:13) Trusting in His truth is the best possible place to plant yourself when you haven't a clue.

"Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse!  The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True..."  Revelation 19:11

Dear Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment