description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 105...Drawing near

With those smiling eyes you gladden my heart.

With your tiny hand reaching for mine you draw me in.

Arms stretched out to embrace me, you come unashamedly for my love.

Calling out for me to play with you, be with you, sit by you, I answer and I come.

It makes me think of what Abba tells us His children about His promise:

"Draw near to me, and I will draw near to you."

I have always wondered about these words.  Why wouldn't God say it the other way around?  And does this mean He never comes near to us first?  I think there is enough evidence in the Bible, and the whole story of redemption, to prove that He has, and always will, drawn near.  He has wooed us, His bride, with His passionate love.

But on the flipside, there is this thing that a mom or a Father loves about being a parent, when a child wants her mom's presence.  When a baby needs his father's touch.  When a child desperately desires the Presence of an Almighty Father.  This beckoning moves the heart of God like none other.

I cannot express the gratitude that fills my heart when you reach for me, call to me, want me near.  It draws me in, and I am yours.  I can't help but think this might be what God was after in these James 4:11 words.  We come boldly to God, because He has made the way.  No pretension, no sacrifice, just confidence that we get to come sit on Daddy's lap, anytime we want.  (Heb4:16)  Not only that, He loves being loved.  Not that He's insecure in any way.  He is all sufficient like none other.  Yet He's our Father, with children He chose, and gave a choice to.  I have to believe that it moves His deeply whenever we choose Him back.

It's easy for you to want me and know you need me.  You're a child and you see me right in front of me.  It takes a little training of our spirit to know this kind of dependency on our Heavenly Father, too.  But He can be just as real and present if we let Him.  If we want Him.  And girl, do I ever want Him!

Dear Sadie.

"In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence."  Ephesians 3:12




No comments:

Post a Comment