description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 87...Power Problems and the Power of Prayer!

Dear Sadie,
Our faith was increased the other night because of you, once again.  We pulled into Senoia in two separate cars on a Sunday evening after a fun day of visiting family.  Curiously, we found it to be extremely dark, as all of the street lights and house lights were not working.  The power had gone out once again!  Pulling into the driveway, your daddy and I realized that the main problem for us was that we couldn't get into the house without our garage door openers!  We had been putting off getting new keys made, because we have to take the doorknob to Home Depot to get one.  We don't know what happened to our keys.  So we've been saying we'd be in trouble if this ever happened.  And here we were!  So our minds were racing...what to do!  I called Julie, our neighbor, to find out when the expected time was for the power to come back on.  She had called the power company and found it wasn't supposed to be until 12:00 or 12:30am.  And they're usually quite accurate with their prediction!  That was a couple of hours away at this point.  In the meantime (this is all within a minute), you're sitting in the car with daddy as we pull up to the driveway, and you just decide to pray immediately, all by yourself, aloud: "Dear Jesus, please help the power to come back on.  Amen."  Daddy heard you, but I was in the van and didn't hear.  Moments later, I was on the phone with Julie, telling her about the garage door opener and the key situation, and how we were going to have to go to the grandparents so we can get the kids into bed....and suddenly the lights came popping back on all over the neighborhood.  We were thrilled!  I said bye to Julie happily, and as we were unloading the kids and getting into the house, your daddy stops in his tracks and says something to the effect of, "Sadie, God answered your prayer!  You prayed that the power would come back on, and they did right away!  God did that for you!"  We gave Him praise.  I was so happy to be getting into the house so soon, after thinking of how the night was going to go, driving all the way to the grandparents after a long day, tucking kids in, etc.  I was truly happy you prayed!  And what's more, I was also struck by the simple fact that you prayed and I didn't!  You really taught me, once again, to ask for things like a child, and God answers.  He is a good God, a good Daddy, who takes care of us. If we'd only just call on Him more!
Love,
Mommy
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."  Mark 11:24

No comments:

Post a Comment