description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 86...Let's talk about Jesus

Dear Sadie,
One day you struck up a conversation with me, as you love to do, being the talker that you are.  I asked, "Well, what do you want to talk about?"  And you said, "Jesus."
"Okay!" I said.  I'm always up for talking about Him!
I can't remember if it was you or me that asked where Jesus was.
But I do remember you recalling that Jesus is in our hearts, and we are in His hands.
When talking to you about Jesus as a toddler, I've tried to keep to simple truths, and these are two things that have stuck with you.  You know that Jesus is in your heart!  You really believe in Him, as you show us with your relationship with Him, asking Him for things, talking to Him throughout the day, talking about the cross.  I can't help but ponder what you're going to be like in just a couple of years!!  While I know that your parents and grandparents have planted the seed, it's so much fun and very inspirational to watch it grow inside of you.
I look forward to you teaching me in return, more and more as you grow.  I pray that you will ever love Him and know that the loving and learning of Jesus never ends, it just goes deeper and deeper and always satisfies.
Love,
Mommy

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" 1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment