description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 76...Pandemonium and Praise

Dear Sadie,
Sitting down to the piano felt good.  It doesn't come high on my priority list these days as I know it should.  My guitar, too, sits idly in the corner behind our nifty handed-down orange rocking chair.  Today I find time and I sit.  "His Name is Wonderful."  That looks like a good one, flipping the pages of my favorite tattered red Marantha! Music Praise Chorus Book.

I start.

"His name is Wonderful,
His name is Wonderful,
His name is Wonderful,
Jesus, my Lord."

Kids are now sitting on both sides, banging along with me.

"He is the mighty King,
Master of everything,
His name is Wonderful,
Jesus, my Lord."

I sing out with boldness, playing the notes as I see them.  I smile at how bad we sound, and how glorious it feels to not care.  His Name is wonderful.

"He's the Great Shepherd,
the Rock of all ages,
Almighty God is He."

Titus is off playing now and you are twirling behind me.

"Bow down before Him,
Love and adore Him,
His name is Wonderful,
Jesus, my Lord."

Yesterday I may have huffed and given up because of the kids in their distracting and interfering ways.
Today I am delighted that I can praise, and play, and glory in my God, a midst the mess and noise of life with kids.

Now I know not to worry if little hands are blocking my reach to the low C.  I just keep going.

Nothing can block my heart from reaching

 His

Wonderful

Name.

Push through the pandemonium with praise.

Next song....

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment