description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 66...Two Words

Dear Sadie,
Today was a day of last-minute planning and spontaneous family fun.  My kind of day!  I had a babysitting job fall through this morning, and so plan b was underway.  We decided to head to one of your favorite places in Atlanta, The Children's Museum called "Imagine It!"  Knowing that we'd soon be at the moon sand table and playing at the special Clifford exhibit put your excitement over the top.  As we headed out the door, you struck me with another "from the mouth of babes" God-moment.  It came to my remembrance this evening while I was at a women's meeting at Touching Hearts.  Two tiny words from your terribly cute tiny mouth: "Be still...."  You looked up at me as we were stepping into the garage to leave the house, with eyes and tone that said, "I'm so happy I could burst!"  Between the lines I heard you saying, "Help me finish the sentence, Mommy.  This one you're going to like!"  I taught you Be still and know that I am God weeks ago.  I can't even remember when.  It came out of nowhere the day I taught you, and today it seemed to come out of the blue once again.  We finished the verse together, slowly and deliberately, and I thought to myself what a blessing it was to be reminded by your three year-old that no matter what we're doing, on the go or in the quietness of our home, we can be still in our hearts in a place of trust and rest before the Lord.  Christ, in you, led me to worship in the rush of the day's activities, and I believe it caused the success of our little outing, and more.  As I reflected later this evening, I sat in awe that you could so unknowingly encourage your mama with those two little words, be still.  God is leading me through you, and I want to catch all of the moments I can.  For they lead me to Him, and He is where I want to remain.

Love,
Mommy

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment