Dear Sadie,
Tonight as Daddy and I were praying together (something we want to do more!), I became overwhelmed with thanks for this season we are in. It brought me to tears. This non-perfect, glorious season I do not want to end. This season of watching my two little flowers growing and sprouting up into such beautiful, fragrant kids. This season of being with you all day, knowing it will pass before I can say I've had enough. This season of playing on the floor, cutting and pasting, baking cookies, pushing strollers, bathing tiny bodies, and good-night kisses. An old friend of mine used to say, and I'm sure it's well-known, "I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know Who holds the future." And I can honestly say I've never been more at peace, right here in the midst of uncertainty. The light shines on us, pouring down to our feet. We see just enough. I rest in my bed knowing I don't have to know. I slow down my heart long enough to feel the goodness of God and His Gentle, Giant Hands resting on our shoulders like a loving parent.
Love,
Mommy
"Find rest, o my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him." Psalm 62:5
No comments:
Post a Comment