Every now and then, lots of days even, you will peer into the window of someone's life and say, "I want that life." Something about them will become so appealing to you. Whenever you feel this urge creep up, stop, and wait. Think and capture.
Jesus rebuked Peter when he asked about John's future death, after hearing about his own, and Jesus basically said to him, What's it to you? ... You follow Me! (John 21:22) It's pretty clear throughout Scripture that we are accountable to God first and foremost, and have Him to follow and keep our eyes fixated upon. Go ahead and look. There's no harm in that. But as I have learned, be mindful of the looking that stirs up discontent or ingratitude in your heart, for that is where the sin develops. I want to make an impact on the world, and the only way a heart can love a hurting person is if it is full of Christ's unwavering peace, where Contentment and Confidence abide. Keep the eyes of your heart fixed on Jesus, and your heart will remain pure, I promise! You will know when that anxious discord and unrest comes a knocking. Don't answer! Only invite Jesus to dine once again, and you will see just how green you have it.
Love,
Mommy
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20
A song we sang today:
- O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!- Refrain:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
- Refrain:
- Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conqu’rors we are! - His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!
No comments:
Post a Comment