Dear Sadie,
As a parent, you will find your patience is a virtue that will be tested over and over again. Today was one of those days. Alone with three little ones, by 6pm it takes its toll. At the dinner table, I inhaled my food so I could get past the noise. There was an energy, a loud energy, running through and bouncing off of each one of you, and mommy had reached her limit. Trying to remain calm, I just didn't try to micromanage every little thing. This is what they call survival mode I guess. Then Daddy came home. Phew! What did I do next? I head out the door! I took you with me, but I really needed separation from our little guy. It's not that I don't love everything about him, he just has days, more and more of them, that he gets loud and kind of hyper for no reason. He's becoming more a boy every day! I'm not sure if I'm ready for this yet!
So you and I went for a drive, and already the peace and quite of the car ride was soothing to my soul. We went to my mom's for a couple of hours. Then by the end of the evening, you put up a little fight about not wanting to use the potty. At home, Daddy is dealing with a wound up, tired boy, not wanting to go to sleep. This is crazy! He is usually pretty much putting himself in the bed almost every night! Both daddy and I felt like saying, "I'm done!"
I'm so glad our Father never quits on us. He is always patient. His faithfulness and love never tire. Never does His patience run out. Aren't you glad? He never cries out, "I'm done with you! I've had it!"
I pray to be more like Him. I long to show you patience beyond what I can do, letting His strength and power flow through me.
Love,
Mommy
"The Lord is slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving iniquity and transgression..." Numbers 14:18
No comments:
Post a Comment