Dear Sadie,
The other day you said to me just out of the blue, "You're a good mommy. You're a good cooker and cleaner."
I can't tell you how much that makes a mother smile. First of all, it's just so cute that a three year-old would recognize the hard work that a mommy does. Second, I know I will not get to hear such things from my kids for very long, such open and honest feelings. I hope I do! But since the chances are that you will not be as complimentary when you grow up, I will take all I can get! :) You just bless my heart so much. You're not trying to get anything out of these compliments, you are just speaking from your heart, and that's what I love the most. Keep it up girl! Not only for my sake, but for Jesus, for others' sake, and for your own life. Because as you water others, so will you be refreshed!
Love,
Mommy
"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs 4:23
"A generous man prospers, he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25
No comments:
Post a Comment