description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 81 Mr. Butter-Fingers

Dear Sadie,
Today I captured a sweet moment of you and your brother, one of many that I long to capture and keep in my pocket like a boy's treasured frog he caught on a whim.  Today's moment is a picture of you side by side, cozy and comfortable, getting along, happy and content.  My precious babies.  Here is the actual picture I was able to take of you two doing one of your favorite activities together, eating popcorn and watching a movie  (Gah goan!....is Titus' way of saying popcorn).....You wanted to smile to be nice, but really you preferred to keep watching Beauty and the Beast.


I like to call myself "prone to wonder" or even "prone to wander" as I'm pondering these words.  But then it occurred to me, more than anything, I'm prone to blunder!

Yep, it's just like me to leave my kids alone with bowls of popcorn while I'm in the next room, thinking they're 10 and 12, and look what happens...


One cute moment turns into another.  Lesson learned.  I find myself saying to myself daily, "you live and learn."

Hey, it took about 10 seconds to sweep up.  No harm, right?

You were so engrossed in your movie (having moved to the couch), you didn't even notice!

I had to laugh.

Life is full of unpredictable moments.  I can be a little bit too loose when it comes to structure and rules (I attribute that to my upbringing...thanks, Mom).  But sometimes, like today, it turns into pretty funny memories.  Sometimes I create more messes than would have been necessary, but out of those, I get a good laugh.  And laughter is good for the soul, right?  I love being a mom.  You guys keep me young and grounded....and cleaning constantly. haha (that's probably just as much my fault as yours, I have to admit)

Love,
Mommy

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."  Proverbs 31:25

(4.24.12)

No comments:

Post a Comment