Dear Sadie,
Three days in a row of three small children and not much adult interaction. Not my first choice, or my cup of tea. But...it's not about me, and I don't drink tea anyways.
On our way home from a much-needed "jumping place" outing I get the urge to call my cousin and check in, and I get this crazy idea to ask her if she needs me to take her 3 year-old off her hands. Her very adorable, very curious 3 year-old. Some might call her high maintenance. But I say you basically have to just make sure you are watching her every moment. What is wrong with me?! I'm totally drained from three very full days of baby-watching, baby-feeding, baby-juggling, etc., and now I'm giving up more of my time to watch yet another kid, and for free? Just for fun? And not only that, I agree to let her spend the night....for the first time! This is the first night you've ever had anyone sleep in your room! Talk about unknowns. Talk about tiresome. Talk about crazy!
Call me spontaneous...brave...stupid. Daddy called me a glutton for punishment! Hey, wanting to help is a good thing, right? And you could have a playmate--you love playing with each other! I can handle it, right?!
Okay, so sometimes I don't think things through. I like different things going on, anything out of the ordinary.
I don't like to think things all the way through because that takes the FUN out of it, okay? And besides, my cousin will benefit from a semi-night off (she also has a 7 month-old).
So how'd it turn out? Awesome! "Tangled" and popcorn, a venture to WALMART for a shopping spree for Lailey, a run in the yard, little play time and then nighty-night. And it only took 30 minutes of good-nights and bedtime warnings. Not bad!!! So we did it! Everyone's happy, sound asleep, and though I am tired, I am glad we had our fun. These are memories we will never forget.
Hey, if you don't take risks, live on the edge, you don't have stories to tell. Right? What's the fun in that?
I admire my husband for knowing his limits and sticking to them (he does, except when it comes to eating food). Me? I jump in and then either laugh or cry about it later!
Tonight, I am full of joy and loving this season. This fun, exciting, most challenging season of my life, EVER.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment