description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 99...Like a child

Dear Sadie,
Tonight at the dinner table, you said something that just stopped your daddy and I in our tracks.  It was so simple, but so profound because it came from YOU!

Daddy was making a comment about his shoes being so bad for work and how sore his feet were after a long day on them.  I think he even had one up on his knee and was rubbing it, but I'm not sure.  That's when you were so quick to respond with, "That's okay.  Just pray about it."

Just like that.  It's incredible how a few tiny words from a tiny person can impact you.  It's hard for me to remember sometimes that you are just three.  You're surely an "old soul" as they say, or else just wise beyond your years.  I say anointed...from the mouth of babes.  Simple truth, but timely and childlike...and full of Jesus.

I'm glad we're sowing these seeds into you.  Prayer.  Trust.  Faith.

But I'm even more excited that you are sowing back into us.  Thank you, Lord!

Love,
Mommy

"The kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these (children) "  Matthew 19:14

(5.14.12)

No comments:

Post a Comment