This is just so cute I have to share it...
I could think of a nifty spiritual lesson to come out of it, but maybe I'll just keep it for what it is...a cute story.
We were sitting together working out some math problems, some very basic addition facts, using cheese nips as visuals, gluing them all down on our orange construction paper. We were having fun, and the concepts were coming together. I was being careful to use language that was somewhat unfamiliar to you so that you'd begin to form a context for how they were used...plus, add, altogether, equals, etc. Though it never occurred to me the word "problem", as in math problems, would sound strange to you, but it did. We were all done, wrapping up the lesson when you said, "But these were happy problems, right mama?" I just had to laugh. Happy problems. You could say that! :)
Okay, so I can't write that without giving a quick application...I'm just that nerdy, okay!?
When we encounter problems, trials, persecutions, hardships on earth, especially ones that come to us for being believers, we are to count them as all "joy." Sound weird? Maybe, but that's what the Word says. It means we are living honorably unto Him. Consider it pure joy. Consider it a "happy problem," for there is no greater suffering than the kind that is for Jesus' sake. After all, He did give us His life so that we might have life!
There. Happy problems!
Not only that...but also when we encounter something that seems so impossible, remember that it's a doorway through which God steps in and does the unthinkable. Rather than look at a problem as impossible or hopeless, open your faith door and let Him show you just how amazing He is! That way, our problems can always be happy problems...for He knows the way!
Dear Sadie.
"Jesus said...With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." Mark 10:27
No comments:
Post a Comment