description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 216...live well, love well

Being with tiny people all day with very little big people interaction is something.

When I signed up for this, I really did not think it was going to stretch me so. But it has. More than anything. It feels freeing to admit this.

I am daily humbled through mothering. I lay aside my plans (most of the time) so that I can meet the needs of my little sheep. I go minute-by-minute, drawing strength from My Strength. Without Him, I would have caved in by now. But I keep going because He is with me, speaking to me, giving me peace, satisfying me whenever I set my heart on His, reaffirming me through His Word, comforting me by His presence, letting me know that He sees, even when no one else does.

When I'm being pulled in four different directions, including my own, I have a choice. I can either go crazy, try and fail, or I can depend on Him for my every need. No brainer, but stupidly, I choose my own way or try to check out sometimes, and it always backfires on me. Gently He redirects me.

Ultimately though, I choose to be thankful, and the blessings continue to shower down on me. Never did I know where challenge and joy intersected one another until this season. And I know when it all starts to shift I'm going to cry! I have to live each moment or I will have regrets. And my dear, you need me now, but one day you'll not need me as much anymore. That makes me sad. But also all the more diligent to give my all. My sole desire is to, as if i can summarize this, know God and spread the real love of Jesus. I know you are my chief audience, looking to me for answers and truth, imitating every move I make. (Yikes! :) So I strive to love God well by loving you well. Thanking Him for the grace to do this.

Dear Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment