description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 219...amazing daddy

Sickness is really the pits. Titus has got a bad, bad cold. And on top of that, I'm caring for Emma, who is one year-old and going through a clingy phase. So guess what, you're having to play by yourself a lot right now. Good thing you are pretty experienced at that and you enjoy your "Sadie Time," but you need me just like the other kids do, it's just that something's gotta give. We squeeze in time together here and there, but I'm thinking some "Girl Time" is in order very soon. I can just see your cup becoming filled as we will laugh and talk and sing and get ice cream on our next date, and whatever else we decide to do together. It'll be fun not just for you, but for me as well, because I love being able to focus all of my attention on you. You are so interesting and I love you!

I was just standing here in my kitchen doing dishes, feeding Emma, when the thought just occurred to me...

I'm so glad that God has time for attending to all of His children, all at once! Isn't He amazing? Aren't you glad that God doesn't say "in a minute?" I just think it is so cool that we have access to our daddy anytime we need Him. We don't have to wait to have our love cup filled; He is always available, ever-ready, continuously without fail.

Dear Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment