I'll never forget the day when I made it point for the first time to tell you how true the Bible is.
Being surrounded by fairy tales and movies and books all of the time as kids, it's easy to combine God's Book with all the other made up stories, even if it captures our hearts in a unique way.
So on this particular day I say to you something like, "Sadie, the Bible is true. Every word is true. These aren't just made up stories, like Cinderalla or Dumbo. These things actually happened."
You look at me very confused..."No, it's not."
I continue to explain, and finally you reason, "But they wear all those funny clothes. We don't wear clothes like that!"
That makes so much sense! Of course a four year-old who only knows the context of clothing in which she lives would wonder what on earth the robes were all about!
Finally, after more explanation, you seemed to understand. Glad we got that cleared up!
Truly though, I can't wait for the day until the truth of God's Book really takes root in your heart, and you live it out as it penetrates your very being in a very real, very active way.
Even now, Lord!
Dear Sadie.
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17
No comments:
Post a Comment