"I have happy tears," you said. Curiously I walked over to you and leaned in.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because of the Emperor." (You were really referring to the Empress whose life was saved in the end, but who could remember that at four?)
I got up close to your face and said that those happy tears are because the movie touched your heart, and that what a good thing it is to be moved in such a way.
Your eyes were indeed watering. But I sat amazed. I kind of thought maybe it was the fact that you had a cold, but you were convinced it was the movie causing the waterworks this time. I couldn't help but awe at my firstborn's precious and new heartfelt moment. Never did I think a four year-old could yield this kind of expression.
Later on we decided to put in another movie because you were not feeling that well and needed to rest. Who can argue with a girl with a red nose relentlessly runny?
This time you requested "Land Before Time," another childhood favorite of mine. "We havnt't watched that one in awhile!" you happily exclaimed. You sure like things to be special!
The "earth-shake" (as Ducky calls it) started cracking the dry ground and the dinosaurs started to run. That's when you blew me away again with your next comment, looking up at me with those big blue eyes,
"This touches my heart."
My darling. I'm so glad you are in touch with your emotions! May you ever be passionate!
Dear Sadie.
"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs 4:23
No comments:
Post a Comment