It was a mad rush out the door. Kids crying, hanging on my legs like koala bears to trees. My mind firm on the mission to get the kids in the car and get the car rolling down the driveway and on to our small group Bible study. No crying or tantrum was going to stand in my way. Besides, the more I stall or become frustrated at times like this, the more it doesn't help anyone. So my motto is, keep going. It will all blow over.
Two kids in the car, one to go, plus one questioning, doubtful husband inside.
Are you sure this is a good idea?
Yes! Everything is under control! They'll be happy once we get going. They all just woke up at the same time needing me. They're going to have a blast! I tried to be reassuring, but it was hard, as he could see I tried to control my anger towards him for attempting to stand in the way of "the plans." I failed.
Taking a deep breath, I load up the car. Thinking over how I could smooth it over with Daddy, you look at me peacefully from the backseat...
"It's okay, Mommy. God is with you."
Selah.
"He can make the babies stop."
Aahhh...Thank you, Lord. Thank you for the way you speak through the mouth of tiny children, not too wise in their own eyes. No selfish ambition in their message, just simple truth brought forth out of love.
I love it.
Okay, time to slow down and make things right.
Thank you!
Dear Sadie.
"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger." Psalm 8:2
No comments:
Post a Comment