It's taken me 9 years of being a wife, 4 years as a mother, to feel like the "homemaking" part of me is finally coming to the surface. I'm finally realizing how unique God made women, how he placed such great desire to be nurturers and lovers and housekeepers and organizers and teachers. That's not to say there's not much more to us than that. There is so much more. But it's taken me a long time to leave my independent ways behind, and come into the understanding that I shouldn't fight it...this is who I am...and God blesses my work as a mother and wife when I release myself in freedom to these roles. When I don't try to minimize it, but let God maximize my efforts. When I mark up the little unseen, sometimes laborious, tasks up to serving Him. Finding my peace in surrender to His marvelous grace.
Dear Sadie.
"Encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be dishonored." Titus 2:4-5
No comments:
Post a Comment