description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 199...Boys WILL be boys

I thought that because of my younger days hanging with the boys, I'd know what to do when having a boy of my own happened.  I don't.

When I was in elementary school, I spent countless days running through the woods getting dirty, playing war, building forts, and playing every kind of sport in the neighborhood with my brother and the boys who lived near by.  We were practically family.  I remember a flying pine cone getting stuck in my hair at the bus stop by one of the boys whom I developed a huge crush on later.  I also remember them laughing at me while they sat on me and released their on-demand gas in my face.  We slept in tents in the backyard and rode our bikes through people's yards.  Those were the days.

I thought because of all I endured, all I enjoyed with brothers and boys, I'd know how to "handle" a boy.  Nope.

So raising you these first four years has been probably a lot easier than I once realized.  Now that I have Titus, my precious son, I know how much being a girl with you has been favorable for the both of us.  We like the same things, we chill, and we do sweet things and think aren't we cute.

These last couple of weeks, watching Titus grow into more of a little boy every day, the revelation has come.
I have no clue what I'm doing.
He climbs, he hits, he throws, he jumps, he pushes the limit.  He hungers for danger and adventure.
Am I ready?  I hope so.  It's happening fast!

Everyone I talk to says the same thing.  I have heard it all my life.

Boys are different.

Raising a boy is so much different than raising a girl.

I knew it was true.  But now I know it to be true.

I'm just so very grateful he has a daddy who has a clue.

And I'm glad our Daddy (the Lord) has one, too.

I'll be asking Him a lot.

Dear Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment