I've had this phrase "the eyes are the windows to your heart" running through my head. I thought it was a Bible verse, but it turns out it's more of a poetic phrase coming from a mixture of Jesus and old poets. As I was teaching Sadie about this one day in the car, I realized I should probably look it up when I got home, because who knows where this is coming from! Well, I swore I had read about the eyes being the window to your heart or soul somewhere in Proverbs, but apparently, it's not in there anywhere, or I can't find it! In Matthew 6 God says that the eye is the lamp (some versions say window) to the body, but it's kind of a different message there. Still, the message Bible says, "Your eyes are the windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have!"
This is saying to me that it's how and where you are looking that effects your body, and ultimately your life. Taking in consideration other verses, if you "set your eyes" upon the Lord, the Light of Life, He will fill you up with His light and you will shine His glory upon every bit of darkness. And how, then, can people miss Jesus if they look into your eyes, your windows?? I think they'll be blinded by Him! That is my desire. Oh, Lord, make it happen!
I explained to you that you can really tell what's in a man's heart by looking into their eyes. They will tell you what's inside. We talked about how one can see love in another's eyes, another can see Jesus, and you just swell up at this idea. We now say, "Look into my windows, and what do you see?!" and laugh all googly-eyed at each other. It's so need to see you connecting emotionally with me and with others. I see so much love, peace and joy in your eyes every day, it makes me overjoyed to know you feel so safe and loved in our home and in your family's upbringing. I give all the credit to our God who provides all good things for us.
Dear Sadie.
Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
No comments:
Post a Comment