description
365Expressions
Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Day 169...Just ask part2
One of the lessons I've re-learned in this recent miracle in our lives, the story of Jason's sudden job opportunity, has been Just ask. Just before writing this blog, I felt like looking at past blogs to see when I had written something similar, as I felt like I had titled something "just ask" already. Sure enough, July 31. It was the day Daddy came home and said sarcastically, "Have I told you that I wanted another job?" And it was the day before we got the call with the answer from Paradise (Fruits and Vegetables). In the blog, I quoted James 1:5 at the end. It's the same verse your Nana gave to Jason and I several Christmases ago. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God... How many times have I heard this. How many times have I not gone to God specifically on a matter because I was too afraid He might not answer, or afraid I might not like the answer. Too many. And here, one of the strongest words on my heart during all of this, is this word. Ask me. I delight to work with you, to answer your questions, to fulfill your needs, to lead you and show you the way to walk, to save you, to give to you. The Bible is full of ways in which He has done it for His children who desire to seek the Lord and have His way. Does that mean it always come exactly when we need it, how we need it? Surely not. But if we ask in faith, we can rest knowing that He will answer. That's how God our Daddy is. He knows our needs before we ask (Matthew 6:8). He just wants to hear us say them, activating our faith, so He can be the one to step in. We hear from God only as much as we will listen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment