description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 183...Relationship with God

I've been writing to you so long now I sure hope I don't repeat myself and not even know it!  I guess if I do, it was worth saying twice!

In "Bird by Bird" the author, Ann Lamott, wrote about writing, "There is a door we all want to walk through, and writing can help you find it and open it.  Writing can give you what having a baby can give you: it can get you to start paying attention, can help you soften, can wake you up."

I've found the same to be true.  And I'd add another thing besides writing and having a baby...your relationship with God.  Go back and read the quote but put those words in the place of "having a baby."  So true.

Dear Sadie.


No comments:

Post a Comment