One of my favorite verses...(and songs, of course)
"Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name!" Comes from Psalm 103.
I think I will have us memorize the whole chapter one of these days.
When I think on why I love this verse so much, I dwell on the fact that there will be times in our lives (maybe even daily!) that we'll need to tell our soul--Bless the Lord! Sometimes we get caught up in our introspective worlds, self-centered desires, or too much activity. We forget to bless the Lord, dwelling on His nature, His goodness towards us who believe! So if your soul starts to forget, tell it: Bless Him! Bless Him! We're forgetful creatures, always forgetting what's good for us. God knows. Psalms 103 knows.
All of life can be boiled down into this, and it sounds a lot like what Jesus said the greatest two commandments were: 1) bless the Lord, and 2) bless others....simple, right?
Read it today and think on how incomparable God is. Wow.
Dear Sadie.
No comments:
Post a Comment