I had a headache, again.
We were driving down the road and you asked me if I still had a headache. You were in the mood to sing, and these days it's not unusual for you to make up a song as you go. So when you asked me could you sing a song about me and Jesus, I wasn't all that surprised. But the words you sang touched me deeply.
I don't remember the exact words, but included somewhere in there were,
Jesus, you are Healer.
Take Mommy's headache away.
You love us, and we need you.
You can do all things. You can take Mommy's headache away.
You are wonderful.
You then asked me did my headache go away, to which I replied, "No, but it's getting there." The truth is, how can I care about a momentary, passing feeling of pain when I have you, precious girl?
You are my inspiration!
Dear Sadie.
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God." Colossians 3:16
No comments:
Post a Comment