description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 179...values

Now that we are all getting older (notice I said all, not just you--I'm always telling you to not grow up...you should probably be telling me the same thing!), it's easy to see how hectic and busy life can get, especially in the western culture we live in.  Run here, drop off, run back, pick up, etc., etc.  I have an intense desire to not get to that place.  Ever.  You have to be careful with voices.  Are you going to listen to God, trust the advisers He places in your life, and most importantly, His Word?  Or are you going to listen to the culture, the trends, the status of your neighbors, peers and yes, even your church friends?  I hope I can raise you right in the light of knowing that slowing down, enjoying the Presence of the Lord, being still long enough, savoring the simple stuff, living a quiet and eternity-focused life, seeking His glory, is the only way to live.  How in the world can I express this to you?  Only by living it first, I guess!

Dear Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment