description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 170...Asking.part3

I never asked God before this week about your education.  How embarrassing is that?  As I confess this now in writing, I am saddened by my own lack of wisdom and intimacy with the Spirit of God.  I have said for some time now in my heart, We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.  Now, sometimes that philosophy is helpful in so many ways.  But then if you're like me, you just get caught up in your surroundings and the present, and you forget to even ask what He thinks!  How can I forget on such an important matter?
How careless can I be?  

The practical position of praying is something so simple it's easy to miss.

Actually, this hits my heart on so many levels.  How many other things have I whispered or dreamed up in my heart, and yet they never make it into my prayers?  Never have even left my lips?  I'm ashamed, yet I feel His forgiveness today, His smiling.  I know He's saying, Now...now you're beginning to get it, my daughter.  

So I've asked.  And I'm waiting, being still, trusting, and laboring to rest.  Listening....

No comments:

Post a Comment