description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 16...Footloose

As I think back on my day, this cloudy, rainy Sunday in February, I have a vision of you and the little girls in dresses at church.  You had your jeans and boots on, which I adore.  Several girls had the frilly dresses and skirts, which I’m sure you were admiring, because you’d wear them every day if you could.  Kids are welcome to dance freely in our church. I love it.  You love to twirl in your worship of Jesus.  We tell you He loves it.  Daddy and I always try to bring you into what we’re doing and why we’re doing it.  Today was not one of those days we saw you up there freely dancing and singing along.  But that’s okay.  You just watched from a distance.  I don’t know why, but you did not want to go up to the open space in the front.  The place where the freedom of the children swirled and twirled, leaped and hopped.  I never force you, only encourage.  And today, I want to encourage you my sweetheart, to always live as though you had only one watching and adoring you; He is the Lord.  He is always the one we should be concerned about, living for, worshiping, and pleasing.  If we live to please men, we’re off, and our life will never flow out the way it was designed to.  At times we become too self-aware, or self-conscious.  You wanted to stay right by my side today, which wasn’t like you.  You’re normally such a free spirit when it comes to worship dancing.  I don’t know what was going on with you.  But You’ll be back.  Your worship should never ever be forced.  pretentious.  Sometimes, yes, we have to make ourselves take the initial step.  But that’s because our flesh gets in the way.  In those cases, your spirit will take the lead and join with His Spirit as you worship in spirit and truth.  The truth part is really where you’re praising Him from sincerity of heart.  You mean what you’re singing.  Your body is doing what the heart tells it to.  And you’re aim is to please Him, complimenting Him with the offering of your sweetest affections.  So today, you didn’t twirl.  You didn’t sing.  And I didn’t worry.  There’s always tomorrow.  We live to worship Him.  He lives to dance with us.  The carefree nature of a child is what I crave, the freedom only a child has to live like no one else is watching.  It’s foolishness in the eyes of the world.  It’s dignity in the eyes of the Divine.  Let your feet fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment