We had some great girl time yesterday. We went bowling with friends, your first time really bowling a whole game!! At 3 years-old, you scored a 107!! With the help of bumpers and a ramp, of course! Ha ha. Fitted in those velcro green shoes, you were very serious about the game, while having fun at the same time. Whenever we go out on these “girl time” dates, it’s very special for both of us. For me, I just love hanging out with you, and giving you my full attention. You clearly love the attention as well. No little brother to vie for it. You just enjoy being in the center of it all. Of course as with most girls, you love some good conversation. But what I really adore, is that you’ll pick the topic out of nowhere, and you’re just happy talking. But last night, it really struck me that Jesus has made an impact on you at such a young age already. He really has. You pick Him as a topic so many times. “Let’s talk about Jesus dying on the cross.” And then you ask me why He died, and He is in our hearts, and we are in His…etc. I take advantage of every time you want to talk about Jesus, because He is my life. He gave me life, He sustains me, He saved me. He is everything! So why wouldn’t I love to talk to you about Him? I don’t know when you will fully believe in Jesus, but it sure does seem like you believe Him with all of your heart. I’ve explained to you the gospel, and you take it all in and receive it into your heart sincerely, from what I can tell. As you get older, I know your understanding will grow. I just hope that your capacity for love and faith in Him grows as you grow. When you have your own children, the best gift you can give them is introducing them to Jesus. Model His love and compassion and ministry to them, and keep Him first in your life. I know you are His. Even though you are just three, it’s like you are familiar with Him already. Many different instances have shown me that. Like when I hear you talking to Him alone, and I walk in on you and you ask me to leave you alone because you’re talking to Jesus. Or like the time you ran back and forth in the house shouting your prayers and worship to Him, declaring your love for Him. I don’t take those moments lightly. God uses them to remind me of His Presence with me. Without even realizing it yet, you bring worship into this home. You carry His presence. Pass the flame to your children, my dear. Like I said, it’s the best present you can ever give.
No comments:
Post a Comment