I read a quote recently: “Work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life.” I keep thinking about this. Procrastination is the “putting off” of things you have to get done, and don’t want to do. Many of us spend our whole lives doing what we think we have to do, when actually, we haven’t been still long enough to know whether they are required or desired. When we are working out of the flow of our hearts, the kind of work we want to be doing with our lives comes out. Not everything is going to be mountain top experiences; I am not saying that. I’m just trying to remind you to never stop believing that you can follow your dreams. Don’t let yourself come to the place where you’ve forgotten that you have dreams. And take actions today, where you are, to make your dreams become a reality. For me right now, writing to you, and writing in general, is what I do when I’m not “doing” the rest of life. To some it may seem childish or foolish or even a waste of time. To me, it’s refreshment to my soul. Even if nothing were to come of my writing, ever, I know it is serving a purpose right here and now. It’s part of my process of learning to be in the present. It’s my heart’s desire to live this way always. It’s my desire to delight in the Lord. And He tells me that when I have Him first in my life, everything else will fall into place. Out of me, out of you, will flow springs of living water. Straight from the heart. His outpouring on your life will become the water that refreshes others, because it comes from your creative work. That work that never feels like work. I think it changes too, as we grow. I’m not sure just yet, but I think it evolves as we evolve. Transferring between seasons and transforming as we age. Our desires and dreams, I mean. Delighting in the Lord never changes. But our desires change. It’s kind of crazy and true I think. You’re living to love God, and love others. So forget procrastination! Do what comes naturally. As long as your goal is living out of love to the glory of God, you can’t go wrong. So go now, procrastinate all you want!
No comments:
Post a Comment