I have so many things I want to share with you. You’re too young to understand many of the things I want to talk to you about, teach you, explore with you. Although, that’s not to say you’re not a smart little three year-old, because you are so bright it knocks my socks off most of the time! But seriously, why not write to you now, before you ask me important questions at a time in my life down the road when I can’t even remember which tooth brush is mine? And besides all that, you’re teaching me so many things just by being you, that I just can’t keep it in anymore. I have to write it out. You are such a blessing to me, and I can’t contain these blessings that overflow from God, from you, to me.
I hope you will walk with me on this journey in my mind for a one-year window in my life. This fourth year of being a mom. This third year of taking time away from teaching in the classroom, which I dreamt about since I was in the third grade, so that I can care for my precious children. For the next 365 days, I am going to take a little bit of time each day (which isn’t going to be easy, I know!) to write you a letter. I imagine these letters will be about daily life, mothering, the world, and lots about Jesus! J But who knows!? I’m just going to take one day at a time. I hope you laugh with me, ponder with me, learn with me, and yes, even cry a little with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment